Position: PASTRY CHEF & FACILITATOR
- Manage bakery activities
- Make weekly work plans for the department based on the hotel’s business situation.
- Arrange, divide work shifts for employees, ensure that there are enough personnel needed for the department’s operations.
- Check the standards of personal hygiene, employee uniforms before the shift.
- Controlling quality of input materials, ensuring food hygiene and safety standards; rotation using reasonable food: used before – used later.
- Follow the work process of the staff, check the quality of the cakes, make sure the serving cakes must meet the standard quality of the hotel.
- In charge, guide staff to decorate the buffet restaurant, party of the hotel so beautiful, suitable for the culinary space of the hotel.
- Observe the party, make sure there is always enough cake needed for guests.
- Making menu
- Food cost control
- Coordinate with chefs to build a menu of desserts to meet the needs of customers.
- Plan to change the cakes in the buffet menu to avoid boredom.
- Create new cakes, put them into the menu to attract customers.
- Control and handle arising problems
- Closely supervise the process of preserving materials to promptly detect and handle incidents.
- Control of potential hazards in the kitchen: fire, food poisoning …
- Directly handle daily situations of the department.
- Guide workflow for new department employees.
- Coordinate with relevant departments to develop training programs to improve professional skills for employees.
- Directly fostering and developing potential staff.
- Other jobs
- Be responsible for managing the equipment and working equipment of the department; promptly contact the technical department when any damage occurs and coordinate the maintenance and maintenance periodically.
- Coordinate with the staff in charge of maintaining the department’s hygiene standards.
- Control the department’s purchase proposals, ensure reasonable and cost-saving.
- Proposing improvements to the work process, improving the work efficiency of the department.
- Evaluate the working results of employees of bakery under management.
- Participate in training courses to improve skills and professional skills for head chefs.
- Participate in regular and irregular meetings of the department.
- Perform other jobs when requested by superiors.
2. Person Specification Requirements
- Local Baker qualification
- At least two years as a PASTRY CHEF in a 4/5star hotel at same level, knowing basic computer skill, pastry terms, prefer to know another software experiences.
- Good written and verbal communication skills (verbal, written and comprehension) in both Vietnamese and English, other languages a plus
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels. Must be a team player
- Hospitality mindset, positive attitude
- High degree of stamina, agility, flexibility and attention to details
- Annual bonus.
- Personal laundry and dry cleaning.
- Annual health checkup.
- Insurance as labor law.
- Health care insurance (IMS).
- 24/7 Accident insurance.
- Rest and relaxation, Home leave allowance.
- Uniform, transportation, phone allowance and meals are provided.
- Service charge as revenue.
- Recognition and appreciation bonus.
- Teambuilding trip.
- Accommodation and F&B service discount program.
- FOC shool fee for Ambassador.
- Other benefits
4. Apply to
- Certificate related to position applying.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 082 646 6736 – Ms. Thanh Xuân hoặc 0392 591 689 (HR Department)
- Working location: EHL Saigon, 66A Pho Quang Street, Tan Binh District, HCMC (New campus)