Position: FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGER & FACILITATOR
1. Job Summary
Working under the general direction and supervision of Director and Dean as well as Director of Operations, the F&B Manager is responsible for managing an overall F&B operation and for delivering an excellent guest experience. The F&B Manager also needs to forecast, plan and manage all F&B orders, personnel and financial matters to ensure maximizing sales and revenue through customer satisfaction and employee engagement. This role is also mainly in charge of providing training and coaching in both theory and practical classes for the academy operations.
- Managing and controlling all F&B day-to-day operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest international standards
- Preserving excellent levels of internal and external customer service
- Collaborating with Executive Chef to develop exceptional menus, purchase goods and continuously make necessary improvements on F&B products for both training hotel and the academy
- Identifying customers’ needs and respond proactively to all of their concerns
- Leading F&B team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented personnel
- Establishing targets, KPI’s, schedules, policies and procedures for F&B department
- Providing an effective and professional communication and nurture an ownership environment with emphasis in motivation and teamwork
- Complying with all health and safety regulations
- Reporting on management regarding sales results and productivity
- Being able to train on ‘Best Practices’ of a western restaurant (Greet/meet and Seat/ Service with a smile)
- Participating in In-Service education and training courses as well as in continuing professional development opportunities, and taking part in action research exercises
- Involving in disciplinary actions amongst students under one’s care and always safeguarding their health and safety
- Teaching students and ambassadors on how to take food and beverage orders from the guest on order taking pads and on Point of sale (POS) systems
- Training on how to obtain revenues, issue receipts, accept payments
- Sharing how to performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisors
- Effectively training students and ambassadors on how to communicate with the guest and how to provide assistance with their queries
- Imparting responsibility on how to coordinate with the bus person, kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction
- Being able to impart observation tips on guest management and how to ensure their satisfaction with the food and service
- Sensitizing team on prompt response to guest with any additional request
- Prompting in checking and reporting adherence to grooming and appearance standards, consistently
- Being able to teach on how to print and understand the restaurant closing report and drop the cash with the front office / accounts department
- Performing credit card settlements for the day with the batch closing report from EDC machine
- Imparting the importance on how to build strong relationships and liaise with all other departments
- Taking up operational duties when students or ambassadors are not available
3. Person Specification Requirements
- 04+ years’ experience in F&B Manager/Assistant F&B Manager or similar role, with pre – opening experience is a plus
- Computer proficient and extensive use in software programs (Microsoft Office, Learning Management System and document control)
- Good written and verbal communication skills (verbal, written and comprehension) in both Vietnamese and English, other languages a plus
- In depth knowledge about wine selection, cheese selection and pairing, food and fine dining service
- Diploma degree in Hospitality, Business Administration, Education or relevant
- Creative thinker with the ability to work on own initiative and iterate best practices
- Hospitality mindset, positive attitude
- High degree of stamina, agility, flexibility and attention to details
- High levels of interaction with all others
- Annual bonus.
- Personal laundry and dry cleaning.
- Annual health checkup.
- Insurance as labor law.
- Health care insurance (IMS).
- 24/7 Accident insurance.
- Rest and relaxation, Home leave allowance.
- Uniform, transportation, phone allowance and meals are provided.
- Service charge as revenue.
- Recognition and appreciation bonus.
- Teambuilding trip.
- Accommodation and F&B service discount program.
- FOC shool fee for Ambassador.
- Other benefits.
5. Apply to:
- Certificate related to position applying.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 082 646 6736 – Ms. Thanh Xuân hoặc 0392 591 689 (HR Department)
- Working location: EHL Saigon, 66A Pho Quang Street, Tan Binh District, HCMC (New campus)