Position: MIXIOLOGIST AND FACILITATOR
1. Job Summary
Working under the general direction and supervision of F&B Manager as well as Director of Operations, the mixologist is responsible for managing an overall beverage related operation and for delivering an excellent guest experience. The mixologist also needs to focus on creating and crafting cocktails, alcoholic beverages, non-alcoholic drinks, and other concoctions to ensure that their establishment has a unique and desirable menu of options in term of beverage selections. At the same time, this role is mainly in charge of providing training and coaching in both theory and practical classes for the academy operations.
- Managing and controlling all beverage related outlets’ operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest international standards
- Preserving excellent levels of internal and external customer service
- Collaborating with F&B Manager to develop exceptional menus, purchase goods and continuously make necessary improvements on beverage products for both training hotel and the academy
- Leading bar team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented personnel
- Providing an effective and professional communication and nurture an ownership environment with emphasis in motivation and teamwork
- Complying with all health and safety regulations
- Being able to train on ‘Best Practices’ of mixology and wine serving techniques
- Participating in In-Service education and training courses as well as in continuing professional development opportunities, and taking part in action research exercises
- Teaching students and ambassadors on how to take beverage orders from the guest on order taking pads and on Point of sale (POS) systems
- Training on how to obtain revenues, issue receipts, accept payments
- Sharing how to perform basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisors
- Effectively training students and ambassadors on how to communicate with the guest and how to provide assistance with their queries
- Imparting responsibility on how to coordinate with the bar ambassadors and others to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction
- Being able to impart observation tips on guest management and how to ensure their satisfaction with the beverage and service
- Sensitizing team on prompt response to guest with any additional request
- Prompting in checking and reporting adherence to grooming and appearance standards, consistently
- Being able to teach on how to print and understand the outlet closing report and drop the cash with the front office / accounts department
- Performing credit card settlements for the day with the batch closing report from EDC machine
- Imparting the importance on how to build strong relationships and liaise with all other departments
- Taking up operational duties when students or ambassadors are not available
3. Person Specification Requirements
- 04+ years’ experience in bartender captain/mixologist or similar role, with pre – opening experience is a plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills (verbal, written and comprehension) in both Vietnamese and English, other languages a plus
- In depth knowledge about wine selection, wine pairing, spirits and non – alcohol beverages
- Diploma degree in Hospitality, Business Administration, Education or relevant
- Creative thinker with the ability to work on own initiative and iterate best practices
- Hospitality mindset, positive attitude
- High degree of stamina, agility, flexibility and attention to details .
- High levels of interaction with all others
- Annual bonus.
- Personal laundry and dry cleaning.
- Annual health checkup.
- Insurance as labor law.
- Health care insurance (IMS).
- 24/7 Accident insurance.
- Rest and relaxation, Home leave allowance.
- Uniform, transportation, phone allowance and meals are provided.
- Service charge as revenue.
- Recognition and appreciation bonus.
- Teambuilding trip.
- Accommodation and F&B service discount program.
- FOC shool fee for Ambassador.
- Other benefits.
5. Apply to:
- Certificate related to position applying.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 082 646 6736 – Ms. Thanh Xuân hoặc 0392 591 689 (HR Department)
- Working location: EHL Saigon, 66A Pho Quang Street, Tan Binh District, HCMC (New campus)